Saturday Classes at a Glance:
To see specific programs, dates and availability, or to book your class, please go to our Class Calendar>> page.
- All our classes are five-hours long and completely hands-on.
- Participants work in teams of two (we try to match solo cooks with a partner) and cook the entire menu.
- You will do the prepping, the cooking but NOT the clean up!
- Classes are planned so that the cooking and eating are interspersed throughout the session.
- Each course is matched with a complementary Strewn wine and you will learn principles of food & wine pairing.
- Price includes instruction, food, wine, recipes and a logo'd apron for each participant.
Number of Participants:
- Classes are normally capped at 16 people – there are two teams at each of four large butcher block work tables.
- We can accommodate one extra team if necessary by bringing in a mobile work station.
- Menus are always seasonal and incorporate local products wherever possible.
- Each meal includes a salad course, a main course (protein plus accompanying dishes) and dessert.
- Participants eat together in our private dining room in the winery, adjacent to the hands-on kitchen.
- We do not post our menu in advance as we try to accommodate participants' dietary or food issues they identify when booking.
- Saturday classes are scheduled from mid-January until the end of November.
- There is a monthly theme and in every class participants cook and eat a three-course menu that is matched with Strewn VQA wine.
- 2-day Wine & Culinary Weekends are held once in spring, summer and fall (in 2016 they are the last weekend of April, July and October).
- Saturday daytime classes begin at 10 am and end about 3 pm.
- The monthly Saturday evening class (the 4th Saturday of the month) begins at 4 pm and finishes about 9 pm.
- Culinary weekends run from 2 - 9 pm Saturday and continue at 9 am Sunday morning.
- Each class is stand alone and is booked separately. Cost for a one-day class in 2017 is $375 for two people; $225 for one person.
- Cost for a 2-day Food & Wine Weekend is $775 for two people; $425 for one person.
- Prices are in Canadian dollars and 13% HST (tax) is applicable.
- All bookings are considered firm and payment is processed at time of booking.
- If you are unable to attend class, you may send a substitute. No refund is given for cancellations.